Roof with a view: films at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
The annual VU On The Roof Film Festival is almost upon us! Every evening, from 3 to 6 September, you can watch films in the open air, with a beautiful skyline as your backdrop. Save the dates in your diary now.
07/08/2019 | 11:50 AM
On the second evening, VU Amsterdam’s Writer in Residence, Arnon Grunberg, will be choosing the film and explaining exactly why his choice is a must-see movie. The other films are part of the World Cinema Amsterdam selection.
- Tuesday 3 September Divino Amor
Brazilian director Gabriel Mascaro depicts everyday life in the year 2027. The state has become increasingly powerful in people's lives. Every building has a detector gate that can immediately identify every citizen.
- Wednesday 4 September Grunberg's choice: The Cook, the Thief, His Wife and Her Lover
When Mafia boss Albert Spica discovers that his wife is having an affair with a bookseller, he decides to take revenge.
- Thursday 5 September El viaje extraordinario de Celeste Garciá
Retired teacher and widow Celeste is enjoying a quiet life in Havana. Until, one day, there is some big news. Aliens have been living on Earth for years!
In this well-observed and hilarious comedy, 40-year-old Pilar is in a rut. When a panic attack hits her, it’s time for a change.
- Standard tickets €13 | €20 with meal included
- Tickets for students and VU Association members €7.50 | €13 with food included
- Special promotion for VU staff €11, food always included
The roof of VU Amsterdam, 16th floor, VU Main building, De Boelenlaan 1105
We are counting on good weather. But if it’s raining, the programme will move indoors.
17:30: roof and bar open, welcome for food | 19:00 programme starts.